16.7.08

"as tears goes by" (mick jagger / keith richards / andrew loog oldham)



(fotografia de dave anderson, da série "rough beauty")


"It is the evening of the day,
i sit and watch the children play.
Smiling faces I can see, but not for me,
i sit and watch as tears go by.

My riches can't buy ev'rything,
i want to hear the children sing.
All I hear is the sound of rain
falling on the ground,
i sit and watch as tears go by.

It is the evening of the day,
i sit and watch the children play.
Doin' things I used to do they think are new.
i sit and watch as tears go by." (1)

the rolling stones


(1) retirado do cd dos rolling stones, hot rocks 1964-1971 (1972)



do you play as you used to do
do you smile as you smiled
as a kid

infancy is just a state of being
a tenderness in smile
and the constant lightning

around the eyes

Sem comentários: